Organic Red Onions
KSh150.00 – KSh500.00
Onions add crunch & pinch to sandwiches, salads and burgers. A cooking favourite for flavour. Has strong anti-inflammatory properties benefiting heart health and cancer fighting compounds
As a natural spice, flavor, sandwich ingredient and primary frying component, the onion is a produce rooted in any kitchen across the globe, simply a must in food preparation. With their varying appeal, Kenya onions have, certainly, inherited the favor bestowed upon the oldest cultivated vegetable in the world, the Central Asian onion. Sometimes people also prefer to imbibe especially the garlic strain for digestive and unique taste preferences.
- Immunity system strength, phytochemicals present in onions act as a stimulant to vitamin c in the body. Eating onions helps boost your immunity through by ensuring vitamin c is in abundance.
- Treatment of heart ailments, onions act as blood thinners which prevent the red blood cells from forming clumps. This blocks and clots can lead to heart disorders; therefore eating onions are a good way of avoiding such complications.
- Good oral health-Onions are used to prevent tooth decay and oral infections. Chewing raw onions can potentially kill the germs in the oral areas and the surroundings like throat and lips.
- Managing diabetes, chromium contained in onions helps in managing blood sugar levels and ensures slow, gradual release of glucose to the muscle and the body cells. Diabetic patients are advised to always take onions to be able to emulated blood sugar levels.
- Prevention of cancer, quercetin is a very powerful antioxides compound which stops the development and spread of cancerous cells. Vitamin c is also a strong antioxidant which can reduce the presence and impact of free radicals throughout the body.
- Used as insect repellent. Fresh onion juice can be used for external application on insect bites like bees, scorpions. The smell of onions also causes insects to flee.
1 Kg, Value pack – 3 Kgs